Friday, March 18, 2011

Don't have to be nutz, but it helps!

Spring is in the air. It did not get as warm today as yesterday, about 38 compared to 50, but inspiration is inspiration.

Peggy and I have gone for walks, getting some fresh air and Sun on our cheeks. Yesterday we harnessed the dogs and took them for a long walk around the neighborhood. Very nice way to spend an afternoon.

It is supposed to be much warmer here the next few days, 47+ tomorrow, and in the 50's on Sunday. I wanted to start, warm-up and ride the Kingpin around some to "get back in shape".

It was BRISK... only my hands got cold, I wore my full shield helmet, longies, biking pants, boots and a hoodie under my leather jacket... perfect for a short ride around town.

I even met up with 2 of my biker buddies. and we had a cup of coffee at Caribou.

This is the earliest I've been out riding in the Spring. This is Lum Park and Rice Lake of the Mississippi. Cars are out on the ice and there are portable fishing houses out there. I could not go any further down this driveway to the access, as the shaded road still had a couple inches of ice.

The Kingpin fired right up, ran strong in the cold air and I'm ready to go riding with Peggy on the back as soon as it feels more like Spring... in the meantime, I will continue to get "back in shape" with some short rides... oh yeah!

Peace!

No comments: