Friday, March 25, 2011

Early Spring Minnesota Blizzard May Be My Fault



Yup, I just might have to take responsibility for this last Winter Blizzard-like Storm.

I got anxious

I got excited

I was happy

I pushed our luck....


When, even with lots of snow still on the ground and frozen lakes, I fired up the Kingpin and on 2 separate days and occasions, took it out on the roads for a ride.... I couldn't help it.

As soon as the back-yard was fairly clear of snow, the temperature went over 40, and the Sun was out, I put Sta-bil in the gas tank of our snow blower and rolled it into the back shed.. I knew I was pressing our luck...

When the Sun was out brightly enough to feel the warming rays, I took out from storage, 2 Adirondack style chairs and placed them on our deck.. so optimistic....

I have been rearranging the garage and doing my "work-outs" in the warm afternoons with the big door open for fresh air....

I knew it was wrong and did it all anyway....

We were reminded what late Winter/early Spring weather can be like as Monday night and into Tuesday morning we got about 12 inches of sugary, heavy, wet snow... the LARGEST SINGLE SNOWFALL we've had to dig out from.

The temperatures are still low, but the Sun's rays are very warm and intense, doing some melting on the streets... plowed piles are high in intersections.

Oh well, we tried for Spring and got blasted... I would do it all over again though and probably will next year too!

Peace!

No comments: