Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The ol Suzy is getting "factory fresh"

I got a few emails this last weekend from the fellow I sold my '79 Suzuki to. I'm glad he is staying in touch and showing me some of his restoring work on this classic.

Looks like he has a great shop to do his work.








Up on the elevated table for the frame-stripping.


The bike has never been in any crash, so was a perfect candidate for restoring.

Years back, never thinking I'd ever sell it, had it painted British Racing Green to match our 2003 MiniCooperS.. they went together well!





Like the colors of new! I will be happy to see the completed and reassembled bike.. it was the cover bike and motorcycle of the year in 2 publications in 1979.. These are the original factory racing colors that were on this limited production bike.

Unable to get certain original parts, this restoration will be completed with "time appropriate" improvement accessories like header exhaust and oil cooler... awesome!







Of the 200 made and imported to the USA, I am proud to have bought one new, rode it off and on for 31 years and sold it to this guy! I wonder how many are left, on the road, in museums or what.... This will certainly be a classic collector bike.

I'm laying low, taking it easy for a few days, letting a lumbar epidural of cortizone settle in. Guided by "real time" x-ray imaging, the needle placement and injections were precision...

The relief will be most welcome!

Peace!

No comments: